Charter Amendment 8 wins with nearly 56% of the vote.
Click here to download a PDF of our new mail piece.
You’ll need the Free PDF extension to view this file. Click here to download.
Thank you for visiting Citizens for Independent Government at www.bettercounty.org. Local government should be about service, elections should be about choice.
King County Charter Amendment 8 succeeded in making the offices of King County Executive, King County Assessor, and King County Council Non-partisan. While the parties continue to battle our State’s “top two” primary in court, Charter Amendment 8 will protect King County voters from ever going back to the dreaded “pick-a-party” primary for local elections.
Nonpartisan elections in King County have already passed their first test. The 2009 campaign for King County Executive has been the most competitive executive’s race in county history!
Charter Amendment #8 Sponsor Joe Fain, debates nonpartisan elections at the League of Women Voters forum.
Citizens for Independent Government Chair Joe Fain and Seattle City Councilmember Sally Clark discuss Initiative 26 on King 5 Up Front.
Join our growing list of Endorsers:
- Honorary Campaign Co-chair, Governor Booth Gardner
- Honorary Campaign Co-chair, Governor Dan Evans
- Former Seattle Mayor Wes Uhlman
- King County Councilmember Pete von Reichbauer
- Auburn Mayor Pete Lewis
- Algona Mayor David Hill
- Pacific Mayor Rich Hildreth
- Federal Way Mayor Jack Dovey
- Renton Council President Marcie Palmer
- Auburn Mayor Pro-tem Sue Singer
- Woodinville Councilmember Don Brocha
- Federal Way Councilmember Jeanne Burbidge
- Lake Forest Park Councilmember Alan Kiest
- Bothell City Councilmember Joshua Freed
- Maple Valley Councilmember David Pilgrim
- Federal Way Councilmember Mike Park
- Redmond City Councilmember Nancy McCormick
- Federal Way Councilmember Dini Duclos
- Redmond City Councilmember Richard Cole
- Mercer Island City Councilmember Michael Grady
- Auburn City Councilmember Bill Peloza
- Valley Medical Center Commissioner Anthony Hemstad
- Normandy Park City Councilmember Clarke Brant
- Federal Way City Councilmember Linda Kochmar
- Snoqualmie Mayor Matt Larson
- State Representative Skip Priest
- Milton City Mayor Katrina Asay
- Redmond Mayor John Marchione
- Newcastle Councilmember Sonny Putter
- Fmr. King County Prosecuting Attorney Chris Bayley
- Renton Mayor Dennis Law
- Auburn City Councilmember Rich Wagner
- Snoqualmie City Councilmember Bob Jeans
- Lake Forest Park City Councilmember Ed Sterner
- Auburn Councilmember Virginia Haugen
- Seattle Chamber of Commerce, Don Persson
- Renton City Council, Don & Vicky Persson
- Tukwila Mayor Jim Haggerton
- North Bend Councilmember David Cook
- Des Moines Councilmember Ed Pina
- Kenmore Mayor David Baker
- Enumclaw Councilmember Jim Hogan
- Carnation Councilmember Stuart Lisk
- Redmond City Councilmember Dayle "Hank" Margeson
- Newcastle City Councilmember Lisa Jensen
...and countless citizen supporters from across King County!